Survey Shows Massive Opportunity for Recovery and Backup Solutions for Databases for the Next Generation.
Datos IO research shows organizations and companies deploying high-volume, real-time applications on databases for the next generation in production to fuel growth.
Survey results that were released by Datos IO reveal that while there is increasing and immediate interest in infrastructure that is evolving to support scale-out, distributed databases and cloud databases, inadequate robust recovery and backup technologies inhibit adoption. The survey, facilitated in conjunction with Dimensional Research, examines information technology leaders’ benefits and concerns cited on the rising demand for distributed adoption of scale-out databases and applications, including Cassandra (DataStax and Apache) and MongoDB.
The report analyzed 204 information technology professionals and experts responsible for database and application operation, deployment, architecture and management across companies and businesses ranging in size from less than five hundred to more than ten thousand employees worldwide.
To remain competitive and ahead of the pack in today’s digital economy, enterprises and businesses must meet the constantly increasing demands of data by managing, running and building modern cloud applications, including real-time supply chain management, customer and security analytics, digital content and advertising and Internet of Things (IoT). Such applications require available and scalable databases deployed in the cloud or on premise for adequate scale, speed and agility.
Key findings include:
- 75 percent plus of respondents predict and foresee databases for next generation will influence organizational and company growth in the coming twenty-four months.
- 80 percent plus of enterprise information technology and database professionals and experts believe deployment of databases for the next generation will grow two times plus by 2018.
- The majority of applications 54 percent of them deployed on databases the next generation are analytics related, with management of businesses, Internet of things and security apps close behind.
- Cassandra MongoDB lead distributed deployment of databases, followed by cloud-native databases from Amazon and Microsoft.
- 89 percent of enterprise information technology database professionals and experts declared that recovery and backup services is vital for production applications.
- 61 percent of enterprise information technology and database professionals and experts cite poor data recovery and backup solutions available today as inhibiting adoption of next-generation database technology.
Additional and exquisite information on data backup and recovery solutions for next generation databases can be found and accessed from the following reliable sources
- Next-Generation Survey Infographic
- Datos IO Blog
About Datos IO
Datos IO provides and solves challenges of protecting data borne by the innovations and inventions in cloud computing and big data so that enterprises and businesses can confidently and securely scale and deploy their applications or services without worrying about loss of data. Datos IO data protection software enables businesses, companies and enterprises to manage and protect their next-generation applications against loss of data, disasters, human errors and data corruptions. The results are reliable and efficient recovery in minutes rather than hours, increased productivity of DevOps and applications teams and 70 percent reduction in storage costs. This makes Datos IO to be an astute and reliable company